The exhibition is the culminating, collaborative experience in the final year of the PYP. The exhibition is an authentic process for students to explore, document and share their understanding of an issue or opportunity of personal significance. All exhibitions are student-initiated, designed and collaborative.
The PYP student is required to engage in a collaborative, transdisciplinary inquiry that involves identifying, investigating and offering solutions to real-life issues or problems.
The PYP exhibition has a number of key purposes:
- To provide students with an opportunity to demonstrate independence and responsibility for their own learning
- To provide the students with an opportunity to explore multiple perspectives
- To apply and reflect on learning
- To demonstrate how one can take action as a result of learning
- To unite teachers, parents and other members of the school community in a collaborative experience that incorporates the essential elements of the PYP
- To celebrate the transition from Primary to Middle School.